We currently have vacancies for an Operations Director, Heriot’s Blues Women Coach and Blues Men Team Manager, as well as other volunteering and playing opportunities. See below.
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR – FULL TIME, PAID POSITION
Commercial & Off Field
- The post holder has responsibility for overseeing and managing the general operations of the organisation
- Line management responsibility for the Marketing & Media Manager, the Administration & Events Manager, and the Bar Manager
- Working alongside the Board in the recruitment and management of volunteers
- Hold the licence for the Bar
- Manage bar operations, assisted by the Bar Manager
- Organise internal events, including pre-match lunches
- Manage all external clubhouse hire events
- Manage catering arrangements
- Maintain clubhouse fabric and manage contractors
- Liaise with school officials regarding clubhouse matters
- Work with the coaching and rugby management team to deliver all aspects of rugby administration such as player contracts, player welfare etc.
- Manage stand facilities
- Organise match day management including hospitality and Health & Safety
- Maintain club management policies and procedures including data protection
Who we are Looking for:
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Relevant experience in a comparable or similar role
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise multiple duties and tasks at any given time
- A flexible outlook and be willing to perform varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the organisation
- Experience in bar operations is essential with a track record of supporting and delivering successful events
- Excellent attention to detail and a real willingness to take personal responsibility for tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to build relationships with customers and colleagues
- Good IT knowledge
- Must have previous management experience
- Have knowledge of, and be able to manage and adhere to, all health and safety and company policies
- Experience of budgeting and budget allocation
- The role will require a flexibility of working patterns, often including evenings and weekends throughout the year
- A large amount of this role requires the post holder to be based on site at Goldenacre throughout the week, therefore it would suit someone living within Edinburgh or close proximity. If not at Goldenacre the post holder will work from home.
- Salary of £30,000 – £35,000 per annum dependent on experience.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit a CV and Covering Letter in PDF or Word format explaining why you would be a good fit at the club demonstrating your relevant experience. Please do not use the body of email to write your covering letter, attach the letter to the email.
Please send to Mel McCallum, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 22nd September. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Should you have any questions about the role please send to the same email address above.
Play for Heriot’s Rugby Club
Do you have rugby ambitions? We are actively looking for male and female players who are keen to take their game to the next level and have fun doing it!
Heriot’s offers a unique and exciting opportunity for you to play and be part of a great rugby club:
- Be coached by Scotland’s best club coaches- we have ex-professional players & coaches, Scotland age grade coaches and some of the best young coaching talent in Scotland all wanting to make you a better rugby player
- Scottish rugby’s best social scene- we make sure Heriot’s is your social hub with a vibrant bar, great events and we are just down the hill from the centre of Edinburgh
- All the support you need: great physios, S&C coaches, great kit, gym facilities, the best grass pitch in Scotland, fantastic away bus trips, tours, bake-offs, food after training- and much much more!
We welcome players of all experience and our aim is to combine high quality rugby with a strong social base, an approach that has seen many of our players progress into professional rugby.
If you are interested in playing for either our Heriot’s Blues Men or Blues Women squads and would like to come to our training sessions on a Tuesday and Thursday please contact one of our coaching teams.
Blues Men’s coaching team: email@example.com.
Blues Women’s coaching team: ladies@heriotsrugbyclub.
HERIOT’S BLUES WOMEN COACH
We are looking for a coach to join the Blues Women’s coaching team on a voluntary basis.
If you are passionate about women’s rugby and you love to coach in a style which supports the development of independent and creative rugby players then we would love to hear from you.
Ideally you will have the UKCC Level 3 coaching award but we are happy to talk to Level 2 coaches where your experience and style fit exceptionally well.
Team planning for coaching sessions across the coaches and our S&C coach
Selection of the team alongside the other coaches
Input to individual player development plans
Give feedback to players frequently and in a style that supports their own self-development
Attend coaching sessions on a Tuesday and Thursday evening plus games, which are mostly on Sunday
If interested please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful rugby clubs are more than just victorious teams on the pitch, players and head coaches are vitally important but so are the many dedicated volunteers who work hard behind the scenes to help the club operate. We are currently looking for volunteers to get involved, and depending on your skills / experience and time available, we’ll probably have a volunteering opportunity which is right for you.
Below are some of the reasons people choose to volunteer at Heriot’s Rugby:
Give something back to an organisation that they have benefited from
Feel valued and part of a team
Use their professional skills and knowledge to benefit others
Meet new people and make new friends
An example of some of the areas we need your help with are:
Setting up clubhouse for events / lunches
Business Club Organisation
If you’re interested in one of our current volunteering roles please get in touch. We’ll be delighted to chat over how we could work together.
Please email email@example.com